Thursday, December 31, 2015

Nearly A New Year

2015 was an odd one.
Life is always a mixture of both good and bad, of course, but I seemed to have gotten much larger dollops of each this past year, often concurrently.

     Changes at work that I loathe, yet with opportunities to learn and stretch my mind.
     Monetary challenges that are greater than ever, yet that I found a way to address.
     Friends that fell off the map and others that found their way back to the frequent flyer list.
     A relationship that has grown deeper and closer, 
            but with very real issues that have cropped up - which are still largely unresolved.

Yet for all the ups and downs, worries and joys, I still find -- for the first time in many years -- that when I take those little pauses during the day, the ones that are often filled with sighs or a furrowed brow..., I am smiling. Not a broad grin, just a simple, gentle, contented smile.

Over all, I think I liked this year.
So even tho' it's time to ring a new one in, I'm hoping for some carry over. ;-)

Here's to All of Us smiling at the end of 2016!


8 comments:

Bleue D'âme said...

Jz,

Wishing you all good things! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2016.... may you have more quiet smiling moments than frowny ones!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of my friends smiling because they like their lives. Happy New Year!!! May your smile become a smidge wider this year .

Jz said...

B-
Thank you, sunshine!
Happy New Year to you, too.

n-
that may be a tall order but I'm all for giving it a shot! ;-)

lm-
And that one comes right back atcha!
Thanks, cutes. Happy New Year.

Blondie said...

Hope your new year is filled with lots of love, happiness, and good times. And some great sex and kink...
What else could a friend wish for?

Jz said...

B-
Thank you very much!
You're right… there's not much else. :-)

Cat said...

Happy New Year, Jz! Wishing you the best of what you want and need for 2016!

Hugs and blessings...Cat

Jz said...

C-
Ooo, I like how you phrase that!
Thank you, cutes. :-)