"This is the poem of the air,
Slowly in silent syllables recorded;..."
"Snowflakes" - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
I love snow.
I loathe driving in it and I wish it came with a shovel-free option...
but other than that, I truly love snow.
Snow is happiness.
It's pink cheeks, damp mittens, stomping feet, and hot cocoa.
Snow is transformative.
Loud becomes hushed, rough becomes smooth, grey day becomes a sparkling wonderland and the night, a haven of gently glowing possibility.
Snow is magic.
Even when my heart has forgotten, snow whispers to my soul, "I'm still here…"
And at least for a while, I believe.

12 comments:
Cute poem Jz but would love to just enjoy pictures of the snow. ;)
Blessings...Cat
C-
Yes, I know not everyone loves it... but I do!
And we had a particularly pretty one the other night, so it brought out my inner gushing... :-)
:-)
H-
That's very sweet, since I know you don't like snow...!
;-)
Sigh... midwinter in Canada, heading off into the storm. I don't always love snow.
And my first verification word is "AGAINST". Really!
-sin
s-
well, remember, driving in it exempts you from a part of the love... ;-)
i love snow too...the promise of a ripping good storm thrills me. my spouse loathes the cold so I've kind of tamped down my cooing when one is pending..so now I know who I can send my "omg it's snowing!" notes to. :)
I love when we get a "surprise" too..in this day and age it is always nice when Mom Nature says "fuck you, radar" and drops 9 inches when 2 were predicted. :) Like last Tuesday. A great storm, and so so gorgeous (of course, today? it was 55. 2 feet of snow compacted justlike that.
Still hoping for a white Christmas but we did have a white solstice!
nilla
n-
I knew I couldn't be the only snow-lover around! Feel free to pepper me with gleeful notes as appropriate.
And yes, I am mourning the loss of snow so close to Christmas...
I am so jealous of you lucky lot over there. No snow at all in my bit of the UK and none forecast either. Still it will be much appreciated when, and if, it does arrive. Absence (and evocative blog posts) certainly do make the heart grow fonder
A-
Well, it's all melted now - but although that's enough to make me wistful on Christmas, I'm pretty sure there will be another round or two to look forward to.
(I'll send pix if you haven't been blessed by then!)
:-D
I could send pictures of snow to anyone who likes, we have a ridiculous amount of it for this early in the season.
-sin
s-
Maybe we should start a "Snow Lover's Signup"?
;-p
Post a Comment