Friday, December 6, 2013

An Open Letter to Sint Nikolaas

Dearest Sinterklaas,

We had a lovely cookie exchange to celebrate your day.
Lots of participation and oodles of truly impressive recipes.
Unhappily, however, there were no stroopwafels.

I reeeally like stroopwafels...
It feels like ages since I've had any...

(Did I mention I've been veery good this year?)

Your casually whistling friend,
Jz


**********************************************

And as for the rest of you...
It was another thoroughly enjoyable Extravaganza day.

Thank you all So Much for getting together to play along.
Sharing the fun with you is what makes it all worthwhile.   :-D

Same time next year?  :-)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic fun, Jz, thank you!

-r x

greengirl said...

I dunno - not very subtle - or maybe a little too subtle. good luck!

Storm said...

It was fun, thank you!

I can't say as I had ever heard of stroopwaffles...Rest assured however, after my last attempt at waffles ended in something similar to Chernobyl, I shall not be doing stroopwaffles next year.

Cat said...

Hey Jz...thanks so much for hosting the party and letting me join in the fun. Have never heard of stroopwaffles. Just looked them up on Amazon...those look good! :D

Blessings...
Cat

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sinterklaas,
I want to eat stroopwafles without gaining weight. Can yo arrange that please? I've been a very very bad girl this year, wink , wink,

LM

Jz said...

r-
thank you - but it's you guys who make it fun. :-)

gg-
You don't think I've got much chance of Sinterklaas reading my blog?
*sigh*

l-
well, you don't really need an actual waffle iron… does that help?
:-)

C-
I was glad you joined us -- and yeah, mighty good! :-)

lm-
oh, sure…
queer my pitch with Sinterklaas!
(like anyone's going to pay attention to a good girl when there are bad ones to be had!)

thanks, friend! ;-p

Angelina said...

I'm never going to be able to look at a Santa Claus with a straight face again... I'll be imagining him with a belt in one hand and a waffle iron in the other? Idk, weird lol Thanks for letting me join in the fun this year, looking forward to next year already! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, as always, Jz!!

sofia

P.S. I just saw the list - you made the top 100 Sex Bloggers!! Congratulations!!!

Jz said...

A-
maybe the waffle iron could just be poking out of his sack?

s-
my pleasure, as always. :-)

(and holy crap, how did that happen?!?)

sin said...

I tired your link but it didn't work. Is it just me? And yes, same time next year!
-sin

ronnie said...

JZ - It was fun. Thanks for organising it.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Jz said...

s-
how very annoying. It looked correct on the composition page but you're right, it was surely broken.
Should be all set now.

r-
With so many fun participants, it's truly my pleasure.

Sillyone said...

It was fun, great recipes all around. Thanks so much!

Jz said...

thanks for joining us!

Anonymous said...

Thank you again Jz for putting this together. Thanks to everyone for sharing yummy recipes.

-H

Jz said...

H-
anything to get you to bake!

(oh, wait. That still didn't work, did it...?)
;-p

Anonymous said...

Correcting a little misunderstanding. Stroopwafels are not associated with the person or the season of Sint Nikolaas. They may be enjoyed the whole year round.
More specific to Sint Nikolaas are marsepein, in all kinds of shapes and forms, including naughty ones; speculaas; speculaasbrokken; gevulde speculaas; chocoladeletters; chocolates in all kinds of shapes and forms including naughty ones, especially switches; pepernoten; kruidnootjes; borstplaat; taaitaai; banketletters; to name a few.

Jz said...

So, I'll be getting a dozen of each?
(*bat, bat, flutter, flutter*)
;-D

(I did know stroopwafels weren't holiday-specific but I don't think I realized speculaas were...)

nilla said...

I feel awful that i've not visited *anyone* but I plan to. I'm nursing a dying computer you see. And sometimes it won't go where I want it to. So I'm preserving our limited time together so I don't lose the photos etc until my new one gets here this week. Just know that I'm here and chomping (ha ha) to get reading and choosing which cookie recipe will be the new one I try this season! So YES! Same time next year for *sure*!!

nilla

Jz said...

n-
I'd hate to see you download all these yummy recipes and then lose them to the ether!