Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Out With The Old

There have been moments of great wonderfulness in this year.
I kinda wish I weren't ending it in the Slough of Despond but that's life, right?

So I wish you all the very best in 2014.
And in case you were wondering…


(Found on Post Secret, so I can't credit the creator -- but it was too good to pass up!)

Happy New Year, all.

9 comments:

sin said...

get out of the slough! Yeah, I know, sometimes easier said than done! Happy New Year!

-sin

Cat said...

Hey J...hope you get out of the Slough of Despond soon! Wishing you a happy New Year. Oh and I love your New Year's resolution! :D

Blessings...
Cat

Storm said...

I have to admit to a small amount of joy at seeing 2013 come to a close. It did not end on the finest possible note here either!

Hopefully, the Slough of Despond now need not make a appearance in a new year!
I hope that this year is lovely for you, Jz. And I'm all over that resolution. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

ronnie said...

JZ,

I hope 2014 is a wonderful year for you.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

I would be your "Help" if I could my Dear, but in an odd coincidence, my original Fetlife name was "pliable 1". I'm so sorry. :)

(my 1st fet name was pliable 1, but you are my friend and I would never leave you in that horrid place if I could help in any way.)

Maybe we can all shoulder bump you out of the slough? Better sore than despondent.

bump
bump
bump...

Anonymous said...

oooh. Just saw the quote. It's a rare girl that appreciates Bukowski. High Five!

Jz said...

s-
I'm trying!
I don't much like it here, that's for sure…
;-)

C-
Thank you and happy New Year to you!
It's a good 'un, isn't it?

l-
Well, I suppose it's better for the old year to end poorly than the new one to start that way…?
Thank you for the good wishes.
Your fingertip-y lips to God's ears…

R-
Thank you, sunshine!

lm-
I'm kind of doubting you had Bunyan in mind when you picked that name…
But it's okay in any event -- there's no point in both of us hanging around in a slough…!

And, I'll high-five you but it's kind of under false pretenses. I hardly know the canon, I just like that quote.

your friend, the philistine

Lorelei said...

Oh man, I had to get on a scale today at the doctors office. The gentle soul who took my weight didn't say it out loud and I didn't look. Happy new year!

Jz said...

L-
yeah, the woman who weighed me was discreetly silent but boy howdy, my doctor wasn't...

Happy New Year -- and welcome. :-)