Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Truth in Comedy, Comedy in Truth

I can't remember the name of the comic I saw quoted, or even where I saw it (brain dead these last couple of weeks) but the gist of the joke was that men cannot simply make a nice, complimentary statement about a woman, they always have to expand on it with a secondary comment of a more base nature.
Like, "She's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. -- I wonder how she'd look with my cum all over her face?" or something to that effect.

Basically, he said that the best women can hope for is that men will bite their tongues before the second half of the thought - but they'll still think it, in any event.

I giggled and thought no more about it, until this afternoon when I was looking for blogular inspiration in my notebook of thoughts and quotes ... and came across this:

Jz: You're always there to help me over the rough spots. I feel like I can shut my eyes, fall backwards, and you'll break my fall. (Assuming you're nearby. If you're on the other coast, I shall, of course, endeavor to stay upright...)

SP: I will break your fall, but once you are safely down I may become less chivalrous. Because while I do want to catch you, and I always will, I would also LIKE to grab you inappropriately between the legs while doing it  -- with an audience.

I guess when you've known someone 29 years, you don't bother biting your tongue anymore... ;-)

8 comments:

Tom Allen said...

I would never say that I'd like to grab a woman inappropriately after a compliment.

I'd be thinking it, of course, but now that I'm older, I've learned to keep my mouth shut more often.

Jz said...

"I've learned to keep my mouth shut more often."

Oooh! oooh!
Tell me your secret?!?
Cuz I *still* haven't figured that one out...

turiya said...

Heh... Men!

greengirl said...

Not sure if it's nicer knowing what they are thinking, or not knowing?

Tom Allen said...

Hey, at least we're predictable.

Jz said...

t-
*just grins*

gg-
yeah. We always speculate, of course, but the actual, true knowing...? Kind of a toss up.

T-
I'm so glad YOU said that, not me! ;-p

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!

Somehow I doubt SP ever bit his tongue ;-)

-H

Jz said...

No.
And if you tell him to hold his tongue...?
He just switches to another one.
;-p