Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Didja Miss Me?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
I was riding out some technical hiccups. Sorry I couldn't warn you but I think I'm all set now. And, look... it's Tuesday!

TMI Tuesday - Dating

1. You’re on a speed date. You’ve got 7 minutes with the potential partner. You already know the person’s name. What are the first three questions you would ask?

  "Do you have a Mac?"
(no further questions if answered poorly -- but assuming I got The Proper Response, I would continue with...)
  "Do you like to eat?"
  "What are your views on sumo?"

2. Have you ever participated in speed dating?
No way.
I don't "speed" anything...

3. How many dates have you had as a result of online dating?
Five, including BG. 
(This is also how I became acquainted with Goat Man)
BG was the hands-down winner.
(Sorry, Goat Man!)

4. You are attracted to:


   a. Who people are?

   b. What people have?

   c. What they can do?
Mostly who they are, altho' what they can (or will or do) do factors into the equation, too. If you're an Xtreme sports participant, or you adore reality TV, I'm going to save us both some frustration and move on...

5. What “little red flag” will cause you to end a date or immediately decide this person isn’t for you?
Presumptuous familiarity.
I demand couth, what can I say?

6. What do you feel you need to sacrifice or have sacrificed to be a part of a relationship?
Compromise is necessary but sacrifice is not.
I have unintentionally done that and it's not worth the price you pay.
Nevermore.

7. If you cooked for your date, what would you cook?

I don't have any one "killer" meal up my sleeve...
What does he like, what's on sale at the store, how much time do I have to cook it?

8. At the end of a first date, how would you kiss your date?
   
   a. Press your lips against theirs
   
   b. Gentle kiss on the cheek
   
   c. Lots o’ tongue, like you’re on a tonsil exploration
   
   d. I don’t kiss on the first date
It depends on how I jibe with the guy.
I've done all of the above.
*shrug*

Bonus:  You just put up a profile on a dating site. You must describe yourself in 10 words or less. What are your 10 words?
 
Oooh, oooh! I've actually done this before!
sharp, funny, tall, curvy, reader, intellectual, klutzy, curious, imaginative, traveller

9 comments:

viemoira said...

Reality TV- good one! :)
~viemoira

Anonymous said...

Yes I missed you. You never write anymore :p

1. buwhahahaha. Oh please, why do you start off like this?
All three of these are even funnier than funny because I know you...you would ask these on any kind of date :D

7. I want to date you...for your baked goods. Oh and your winning personality and witty repartee. *grin*

8. You've done c! (slut)

Bonus: Those are nice. Even klutzy cuz I envision you tripping and you're tall and become unwieldy and I have to catch you by your "curves" -- ( . )( . ) --so you don't fall down. :) :)


Happy TMI Tuesday!

My TMI Tuesday is HERE

Tom Allen said...

"Do you have a Mac?"

"Do you use Linux? How about Orange?"

Jz said...

v-
yeah, I don't even watch TV. The reality flavor? "Here's your hat!"

welcome, btw.
:-)

H-
You're right. I'm known for coming out with some doozies.

If you think (c) makes me a slut, I'm never telling you the story of my first date with BG!

To your bonus comment- I am simply shaking my head, woman...

T-
Oh, hush, or I'll serve you grilled sea monkey! ;-p

Tom Allen said...

5. What “little red flag” will cause you to end a date or immediately decide this person isn’t for you?


Smug Apple users.

Storm said...

Yes--we missed you.
Welcome back.

Jz said...

T-
*grins broadly*
you got me on that!
10 points for you. ;-p


l-
thank you.
It's good to be back.
:-)

Anonymous said...

JZ, apologies for late commenting - I was offline for while. Saw this and and to comment, you "smug apple user" you. I'd love to know more about your online dating experience. Clearly, between BG and Goatman, you are doing something right. I'd like to dip my toe in that water but I put it off because it makes me queasy, bleh. Share some of that online dating mojo!

Jz said...

B-
Not sure I'd use the word "mojo" but I'll send you some details. :-)