I read a rather flippant comment the other day in which a non-submissive speculated about a possible reason for the appeal of submission.
The remark was made in jest but it was sufficiently foreign to my version of reality that it caused the Inner Contrarian to raise her head.
"Nooo... that's not why I do this, …" and off I went!
(Ever notice how getting caught off guard by an inaccurate comment can sometimes cause you to cough up hairballs of previously unrecognized truths? Yeah, one of those...)
So, why DO I do this?
Absurd though this may sound, I find D/s restful.
Like Sookie Stackhouse hanging with her vampires, I enjoy the break from mental noise. For however long that I'm in a scene, my brain shuts up -- and that is a rare gift. When I'm with BG, all imperative to thought flies right out the window and I simply am. Worries, concerns, speculations, musings, distractions -- gone. There's no room in there for anything but his hands and his voice.
Heaven.
Mind you, it's just a break. I couldn't easily handle giving up all responsibility, all the time. I'm far too independent for that. But thankfully, that's how BG likes me. He doesn't want to carry the weight of my world, he wants me to stand on my own two feet.
Except when he has them tied above my head...
7 comments:
well put.
I think sometimes we're a bit defensive of our private club too.
sfp
It does seem like sex, of all things, ought not to involve mental gymnastics, physical maybe, but not mental. I think you're right - the ability to find that is a huge appeal.
This is exactly why I love the D/s dynamic as well. very well put.
Thanks,
Michelle
Your reference to Sookie is spot on and you describe the feeling so well. I hope you don't mind but I have linked to this post from my blog. Thanks. Alice
sfp-
That's cuz it's a good club. :-)
Thanks, cutes.
gg-
Well, the word "restful" took me a bit by surprise initially.
But yes, it's huge.
Michelle-
Thank you and welcome.
Alice-
I hoped someone out there knew Sookie!
Of course I don't mind you linking in.
Thanks.
"...he wants me to stand on my own two feet.
Except when he has them tied above my head..."
LMAO
~~@~~
For me, being led...guided...taken in hand by KinkyGent, like you I just "am. Until D/s I never had that. The quiet inside, the contentment.
-H
I had it with SP.
Then had to wait 26 years to find it again...
Post a Comment