Friday, January 21, 2011

What a Difference An Adjective Makes

Yes, that time is upon us again.

So, quickly, before I am effectually muzzled for a week by GLSEN,
(And no, they will NOT accept bribes to extend the event...!)
I'm going to touch on That Word once more.

"Bitch"
We know I don't like this word.
As an endearment? I find it mind-boggling.

I know it's semantics.
I know he means something other than what I hear.
But that doesn't matter. I still continue to struggle with being a bitch.

Except that the other day,
I was called, "my delicious, wanton, delightful little bitch"

Strangely, I don't feel at ALL reluctant to be that!

Never doubt it -  the word you choose makes a difference.

******************************************
SP: I like calling you a slut, it makes you very polite
Jz: ja, schat

7 comments:

Pygar said...

The important word is "my".

You crave, want and need that ownership. In return he gives you his love, care and attention.

So you want to be "his" bitch - nobody else's. If he wants you to be a bitch you will be a bitch - his bitch. You will enjoy it and love it.

But if anyone else dare call you a bitch - then watch out!

P xxxx

PS - I have learned this from the subs who were kind enough to reply to a post of mine about being a "slut"!

Hedone said...

I'm not fond of bitch; not even being "his bitch". I've never had a lover use that as a term of endearment and none of my girlfriends use it as friendly banter. It doesn't make me crazy to hear it though. Although, it does depend on the context in which it is uttered.

Now slut... that I've learned is a good thing. Well, in the world of D/s anyway because it has positive meaning in that world.

So Jz, how do you feel about C-U-N-T? Ya know,there's a whole movement to own it.

-H

Anonymous said...

When Daddy call me a bitch it usually means I am not being as submissive as he likes...I do tend to push the limits. But as Daddy Little Slut, I am his golden child and I love it! Dirty Little Cocksucker works too!

William said...

I now call my wife My slut, and she loves it!!! Only 4 months ago she would have been pissed as hell if I said that to her, but since her awakening to her past errors, it now makes her smile and feel very proud to be called that. The "My" part is very important.

William

Jz said...

P-
You (or those readers who taught you this!) are absolutely right about the "my" being important. However, delicious, wanton, delightful, and little all play their part here, too. He's called me "my bitch" before and yes, it's better than, "Yo, bitch!" but those words that mitigate, soften, and personalize the meaning are every bit as important.

H-
Interesting question. It's not a term I've heard widely used, so it doesn't carry the immense load of negative connotation that bitch does. That's probably more my sheltered upbringing, however.
But even if the word doesn't bother me as much, I still have no desire to own the term. As we know, I don't like being reduced to a part...

M-
I personally am a "tawdry" little cocksucker, so I know what you mean!
:-)

W-
Do we get to enquire as to your past errors???
*innocent blinking of eyelashes*
;-p

No, teasing aside, you're right. There is definitely a shift in mindset that happens. And slut does, as Hedone points out, define a role that we have assumed, so there's a shift in meaning for us, as well. Plus, context and tone matter as well. Possessive approval always goes over well!

this girl said...

Words like whore, slut, bitch all take on a different connotation when combined with my, lovely, sexy, beautiful. I have never felt more loved than being called his whore, his filthy slut, his gorgeous bitch, et cetera.

Jz said...

HG-
You're absolutely right.
Altho', for me, whore had damn well better have a flippin' good adjective in front of it! But that's not one of BG's, so I don't have to contend with it often. Only when SP decides to yank my chain...