(OK, this wasn't the position but it's too cool a shot not to share...)
As I browsed the images, however, a startling realization occurred.
For years, people have expressed surprise at my love of sumo and wondered how a good Yankee girl came by this fascination. I never had a satisfactory explanation, other than it just appeals to me.
But think about it...
Sumo is a highly ritualistic lifestyle. The wrestlers train in stables, following a strict regimen. Food to clothing, every aspect of their lives is dictated by rules. They have a disciple-master relationship with their coaches. They are expected to observe a high level of discipline in the ring. Their success depends in large part upon flexibility and control.
Does this sound vaguely familiar to anyone?
Not convinced?
Sumo wrestler as table...
Tell me this isn't breath play!
If you're really good, you get to wear rope...
![]() |
| (I {heart} Chad, too!) |
It has spawned it's own latex fetish industry.
The most cherished memento for a devotee?
A big red handprint.
C'mon. You must see it!
It's a metaphor for our lives...
(from library.thinkquest.org)








14 comments:
Never looked at it this way but I can see it some what. Interesting by any means.
Until you explained what it was, I was sure that first picture was of the largest pair of congenitally joined twins on record. :)
Yurr goed!!
AA-
Whether I convince anyone or not, I love that you guys come along for the ride with me! Thank you. :-)
M-
I can see that, yes.
Altho' what they'd be doing in that position boggles the imagination... ;-p
w-
Thankee, ma'am!
I did have fun. ;-)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
You clever, clever girl.
i <3 you
-H
Sumo?
Good try ...
... but I am yet to be convinced!!!!
- xPx
H-
Thank you, sweetie!
P-
Oh, ye of little faith...
;-)
I have a second degree brown belt in judo (ni-kyu), a yellow belt in tae kwon do. Tae kwon do I found to be like checkers--I hit you, you hit me. Judo is like chess-- strategy and discipline. You move, I counter move, you check counter, I counter check and throw you or pin you.
I fell in love with judo in college. At 5'3" and 120 lbs., nothing equalizes things more for a petite woman, bare handed, with a big man than skill with judo. And, NOTHING makes you feel better at the end of a long day than picking up a guy and slamming him to the mat or pinning or choking him out. You bow and he says "please (ohnagaeshemust)" and when you are done, he says "thank you very much for teaching me (domo oregato gahnzaeimashita). I had a younger "uke" (one who is to be thrown) always moaning when I would pin him or throw him---and he took forwever to tap out. Turns out he enjoyed being under my chest or beneath my crotch and LOVED being choked.
It tooks me yeeeeeeeeaaaaars to realize and accept my dominant side.
Hurray for Sumo for it is much the same, though men only. Rich in skill, art, history, and a strict code of discipline, it requires commitment, honor, and discipline.
I can easily see why you love sumo.
BTW, I love the table. Is it yours?
I had a younger "uke" (one who is to be thrown) always moaning when I would pin him or throw him---and he took forwever to tap out. Turns out he enjoyed being under my chest or beneath my crotch and LOVED being choked.
:perk:
:Tom checks the Yellow Pages for the nearest dojo:
Hi, P!
Welcome.
Sure sounds like you found yourself the right sport! ;-)
Altho' I did grin just a smidge - cuz I can sort of think of at least one thing I like better at the end of a long day than picking up a man and slamming him to the mat... *coughs delicately*
(just teasing)
No, the table was just a picture I found online but it's great, isn't it? I'm going to be keeping an eye out for one now, myself.
T-
Tom, Tom, Tom...
What ARE we going to do with you...?
NO!
Don't answer...!
NO, Tom!
*sighs*
It's too late, isn't it...?
What? What?
:pouts:
That's brilliant!
aisha
LOL... how did I miss this one? That was great... I have no words other than... WOW! :-D
*hugs*
turiya
*grin*
;-)
Post a Comment