So, I got this wild hair of an idea for a Christmas decoration, which I have been frantically working on for days now… to the point that I’m in danger of becoming one of those people who can’t stop showing off the 86 million pictures of their latest pet project. (Don’t worry… you all are safe. It’s quirky enough that it would be identifiable if I were to post pictures here so I won’t be doing that.)
I only mention the fact to explain that pictures are being shown around…
and just about every person I’ve shown them to has reacted with genuine surprise.
“I had no idea you were creative!”
…
… …
… … …
How does one respond to that??
And more importantly, What the heck kind of impression am I projecting???
(I asked this of SP, who responded with, “What kind of obtuse weirdos do you hang with when I’m not around?” … An answer which cheered me immensely. :-D)
8 comments:
Of course you are creative! Anyone who reads your blog for a nanosecond should know that.
mm-
Thank you.
I feel a bit awkward, tho, because I wasn't meaning to fish for compliments.
It was more that I was bemused. it feels like such a back-handed compliment when people phrase things that way. Like, "I had no idea YOU possessed this desirable trait!"(With, "surely that's not possible!" understood...)
I recognize that's not likely to be the intent, but it's how it hits the ears.
I am not to be surprised at your amazing creativity - I already knew. I just wish I could see pictures...
Dear Little Miss Wistful-
You know very well that you can - you just have to ask!
(Or hint broadly, as the case may be. ;-p)
I'm on a completely different continent. And you've got me totally curious now. And you have my email address. could i see a picture pleeeeeeease? Pretty please? with cherries and whipped cream on top?
(and yeah, i hear you about those backhanded compliments...)
F-
The cherries did it!
;-D
I totally think of you as Kinsey Millhone.
Super resourceful & intelligent, know how to fix it, brilliance that a box can't contain..BUT..."creative"...nooooo nooot soooo muuuuchhhh.
Kinda get where they are all coming from.
And you know I wanna see it, steupléééé.
B-
That, without the prodigious kindness, is pretty much what they said, yes.
And ok - I'm a sucker for those who wheedle in French. Check your mail! ;-p
Post a Comment