While I like having time to enjoy my Christmas decorations, I’m more of a “two weeks before” kind of gal. So I pretty much waited for this weekend to do my decorating. Of course, I didn’t think to get the cleaning done ahead of time, so "decorating" has gone something like this:
“What shall I put up next? … Okay, that goes *there*...”; I then vacuum and dust the bejeepers out of *there*; put up the decoration; and start the whole process all over with the next spot.
I have to admit, it’s not my favorite approach to decorating but we work with what we have… and this year, what I have is woeful ill-preparedness. But not to worry, I’m getting there in spite of myself. The poinsettias are out, the candles are in the windows, Christmas mugs are washed and on the shelf, and my tree is up and decorated.
Possibly not optimized but "up and decorated" is good enough for me!
![]() |
| (thank you, selkie!) |

5 comments:
Wishing you a happy basking-in-the-glow-of-your-xmas-decorations week and I'm sure the dusted corners are smiling back at you:) xx
Optimal has never described my decorating, and your method sounds as good as any. Merry Christmas!
A-
Oh, I love the thought of a week's worth of glow-basking, thank you, my friend! :-)
mm-
Sometimes it's just, "whatever works", isn't it?
It's done and I'm enjoying the pretty, that's what counts. :-)
I agree, I'm more of a one or two weeks of Christmas person, not a whole month. I put out my Christmas colors table cloth and my snowman nik nak, that's all for now.
a_k,
Well, I'll admit, part of my love of lateness is because I like to leave it up a while afterwards. I'll weed out some of the more blatantly Christmas stuff, like the Santas, but snowmen and the shiny beads don't come down until after Epiphany. Don't wanna go rushing into the mundane, yanno!
Post a Comment