Because Hell Month isn't bad enough on its own...
Oh-dark-thirty on Monday found me with absolutely NO water at my house. Using my keen analytical skills (and a flashlight,) I had it narrowed down to pump, point, or well - but that was the extent of my diagnostic capabilities - and really, it didn’t matter anyway… No water, No choice. I called the pump 'n' well folks and privately vowed that if I could get away with spending less than the amount of a single paycheck, I would be happy.
The extremely attractive man who answered my distress signal (not the same guy as before - I just seem to have really good “Hot Plumber” karma :-D) bent over to touch a bit of the pipe, which promptly crumbled in his hand. He stood up and said, “Well, there’s your problem.”
A simple $5 part, some time spent priming and de-clogging, and I had fully functional plumbing once more. Yay!!
Naturally, however, I had to relate the saga to BG. So as I started texting, I asked Hot Pump Guy what exactly that part was called, because my beau would want to know.
Well, apparently, this is the name of the $5 item:
And sure enough, BG asked.
“What was it? Controller?”…
So I answered.
“Nope. Bad nipple…“
A profound silence descended on the other end...
which I allowed to draw out for juuuust a moment before continuing:
“But don’t worry - he’s fixing it!”
“Save The Nipples!”
And thus we acquire a new mantra. :-p
(Hey, any giggling during Hell Month is good… no matter how juvenile the humor!)

10 comments:
Heeheehee! Excellent name for it, very entertaining.
Save the nipples indeed!
Any nipples, all nipples, even non-functional male nipples!
Rofl, I LOVE this. Brass nipple, bwhahaha... So glad it was a cheap fix!!
sorry about the no water. But I giggled through the second half of this post and have promptly sent the link to BIKSS> he's a nipple kinda guy
Hi Jz - what fun ... and yes coming across nipples amongst the industrial or metals yards always carries a wry smile, or instant guffaw ... so glad your plumbers are worth having around - even at $5 ... very well worth it!! Cheers Hilary
mm-
Thank you. I struggled with a title for a bit, until this finally dawned. :-D
R-
Oh, yeah. Those are good ones, too. ;-p
o-
Glad you liked it. Yy
And yeah, the sheer relief of the pricetag was a high point of that day, for sure.
F-
Giggling is good.
Hope your man smiled, as well. :-)
H-
So true. Even Hot Pump Guy, whose business this is, sort of took a deep breath before he informed me it was a brass nipple. He managed very well otherwise, tho. ;-p
Hope your still giggling and holding on. Hell Month does end. Sounds like you and BG are good. *grinning huge*
B-
Yep, Hell Month is already one week down - w00t!!
Thank you for the hopes and the grins, my friend. :-D
Ha! Ha! HA! Hot Plumber karma and brass nipples -- too funny. Cheers:)
A-
Glad you got a chuckle out of it. :-D
Post a Comment