(Or at least a hot living room floor...)
Not only is it miserably hot but it is also deeply, unpleasantly humid around here - and has been for a couple of weeks now - a long, relentless stretch of oppressive weather, the kind that makes you want to keep at least three feet between you and any other breathing creature.
Sitting makes me sweat.
Reclining makes me sweat.
Breathing makes me sweat.
Kneeling on the floor with my hands tied behind his back and my face pressed into his crotch REALLY makes me sweat.
I may have to reconsider my stance on air conditioning…
12 comments:
At least get a room unit A/C. You won't regret it, trust me. (Written from the heart of Bayou Country, where we have two seasons, wet and hurricane, with the only difference being that hurricane is hotter.)
Hi Jz - funny ... yes - that would bring thoughts into my head about the A/C and forget much else ... take care and hope it eases 'soon' ... cheers Hilary
36 degrees and 92% humidity here. I get it. Without the ac i wouldnt be able to do anything with BIKSS. too warm to be making any sort of skin to skin contact at all!
mm-
I know.
Wiring and money are huge stumbling blocks, tho'.
But I suspect I'll be breaking down one of these years...
(And yeah, I've been down Where You Live - year 'round, this kind of weather would have me selling my non-existant children to pay for A/C.)
H-
Yes, the mind does tend to wander to thoughts of winter, it's true.
Thank you! :-)
F-
You win but we're close.
33ÂșC, humidity fluctuating between 88-93%...
I've lived in worse, (also with no a/c, but it was constant and expected there. Plus, I was a lot younger, so more willing to sacrifice my creature comforts for sex!
I think it is also a little scary - living as you do near the ocean, I would think this type of humidity is becoming all too common - whereas it would have been unusual for a good part of the past several decades. I was recently in the Gaspe - haven't been there for 30+ years - but the times I was there over the course of five or six years preceding that time period, it was COLD - I mean fireplace in the cottage cold - wood stove on cold, beautiful days - warm, even hot in the sun, but ZERO humidity - and the Bay was almost unbearable to swim (unless you're a selkie :) - I swam every day while D. kept jellyfish watch) - but THIS time, 30 years later it was cloyingly hot and humid - not quite as bad as ontario as we DID have the sea - but nonetheless i was shocked.... and people deny climate change. I just looked at the long term weather forecast for August... no change, hot, humid, and more hot and humid... depressing. I am VERY thankful for my central AC -
s-
Well, summers usually are humid here - and we do always get at least a couple of weeks of, "just kill me now" high temps (I remember nights spent sleeping out on the roof at the beach house when I was a kid) - it's just that this spell has dragged on FU'EVAH (as they say around here.)
Enjoy your a/c.
I just eat more ice cream, instead. ;-D
I think the fact that it is ALWAYS like that here in Vietnam helps me. Just this morning I marveled that when I stepped out of my air conditioned apartment, it felt pleasant to me!
It only took 10 weeks of constant heat and humidity to acclimate!
p.s. our new house only has AC in 2 bedrooms.
R-
I'm sure you're right about adapting to it when it's consistent. And of course, when you know it's the norm, you don't obsess over when it's going to break, you just get on with it.
And maybe, you know, buy an air conditioner...
;-D
A few years ago, we had a stretch of super hot weather with no breeze. As I was drying off from a shower, I realized I was already sweating. Ugh.
Where I live now has a room air conditioner in the bedroom. I turn it on periodically, mostly for sleeping on hot nights.
E-
Yep, it was about 3 solid weeks of tepid baths, and even then...
I'm still not up to "hot" baths, but they are at least back up to solidly "very warm".
(We takes what we can get!)
It's wet nightgown and a box fan weather here. It's worse when the nights don't cool off. I'm with messymini, get a room A/C unit. *bump*
monkey!!
So good to see you, chica!
I've pretty much got a fan in every window (a chicken in every pot?) so most nights I at least manage a sleepable level of cool... but there was a spell there that made even the fans sweat.
Post a Comment