I’m thinking maybe I need to rename my blog…
“A Reluctant Blogger”… ?
“A Reclusive Bitch”… ??
“This Honkin’ Empty Space That Jz Used to Fill Periodically”… ???
It’s been a long couple of weeks.
You wouldn’t think a person could be both cranky and apathetic at the same time but I put paid to that misconception, let me tell you! Not that I was evil to be around on a casual basis but still, my words suffered… and as I’m not a big fan of the “Woe is me” theory of blogging, I chose to remain silent. (Actually, I don’t write easily when I’m in these moods either, so it was only partially a conscious choice.)
It’s all intangible stuff, anyhow… nothing that makes a good story. No horrifying life traumas or anything, just simple dissatisfaction. Things that can (and will) be addressed but it seems I require a period of wallowing in apathy before I can summon the oomph to gird my loins and commence any protracted battle. (The wisest thing, of course, would be to never UNgird, but optimism and laziness combine to get me on that front, every time.)
I think I’ve turned the corner, tho’… and of course now that the desire to blog is returning, I’m so busy playing catchup from days on end of binge-watching archeology shows rather than doing dishes or dusting or yardwork… that there’s no time to write.
Which is a shame… I had a magnificent idea for a bit on one woman’s contribution to aid the plight of the monarch butterfly (which I composed mentally while slalom-mowing around the milkweed shoots in my field,) but by the time I finished cutting an acre of overgrown field in the noonday sun, all whimsy had been shaken right out of my head. The only thoughts remaining were, “Water!”, “Shade!”, and “Advil…!”
(Note to self: find money to fix rider.)
So I still have no stories for you… but I do at least see the muse on the horizon.
(If only she would arrive on a functioning riding mower!)
4 comments:
I'm so glad you're back!!
Okay, so I think you need to write out that bit on the woman's contribution to aid the plight of the monarch butterfly coz I need to read it *nods*
Hope this week is much least apathy inducing.
I am glad to see you back.
As a frequent sufferer, I've been reading. You might find these interesting. This one for a german word I hadn't heard (but you might have)
http://mentalfloss.com/article/58230/how-tell-whether-youve-got-angst-ennui-or-weltschmerz
and this one that tells of a new scientific discovery.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/are-you-indifferent-restless-or-apathetic-scientists-identify-a-fifth-type-of-boredom-8954590.html
There is no underlying hidden message in either of these, I just thought you'd enjoy them. ;)
O-
Thank you!
*b*
B-
If it ever comes back to me, I'll be sure to let you know!
Thank you - I'm hoping so, too. :-D
lm-
I'm not sure it's any of those, precisely, but the apathetic boredom comes closest - altho' it's not really boredom... What I really need is a name for "Overwhelmed by the disparity between needs and wallet" anxiety. If you stumble across that one, doooo let me know!
Post a Comment