Thursday, February 10, 2011

I Pause to Reflect

SP and I continued our literary conversation from the other day.
I confessed that I actually haven't read all that much Dorothy Parker, altho' I have liked what I've seen. 

"Oh, you have to. You will SO recognize yourself when she writes of what she is thinking while carrying on polite conversation."

I can't decide if that makes me want to laugh or cry...

5 comments:

Tom Allen said...

"Oh, you have to. You will SO recognize yourself when she writes of what she is thinking while carrying on polite conversation."

Oh! And all this time I had pictured you as a nice girl.

Tact is knowing how to say
the nastiest thing in the nicest way."
--- DP

Jz said...

T-
Why do I actually doubt that...?
;-)

mouse said...

Interesting thoughts. Maybe you should split the difference and laugh until you cry?

Hugs,
mouse

turiya said...

Or maybe cry until you laugh and end it on a happy note? ;)

*hugs*

turiya

Jz said...

m & t-

I suppose both are equally viable, if somewhat dissonant...

I think I'll just roll my eyes and do neither. :-)