I considered a post entitled, "what color is your sacred space?" - until I realized that, even with all the colors of the rainbow, there are still not enough choices to adequately describe how people feel about their submission.
Submission is special to all of us yet so deeply personal, it's hard to believe all that is encompassed within one word.
We flaunt it, hide it, accept it, struggle with it.
It has broken some people and healed even more.
It's a game, a religion, an opiate,
Politics, shock tactics, and deep, supportive love.
A boogeyman, it's fulfilling and self-affirming.
It's sensuality and pain.
It's mythic, it's reality.
It's a journey of discovery and a coming home.
Mind-blowing and eye-opening,
It's laughter, happiness, serenity, and joy.
It's just too hard to pin down...
8 comments:
Jz,
Oh ya...all those things.
Hugs,
mouse
PS...
You can't really call yourself a noob anymore....
Not when you realize all that.
Hugs again,
mouse
Yes it's all those things.
Thus far for me:
accept it
heeled me
an opiate
politics
self-affirming
sensuality
journey of discovery
mind-blowing and eye-opening
What I hope my future holds:
All of the above plus deep, supportive love; an everyday reality; a coming home; lasting serenity; and, joy.
m-
thanks, sweetie, but I'm still not sure I'm ready to step out from under the umbrella. I'll admit I've started to consider it, tho'. ;-)
H-
Nice. I hope those things for you, too. (And sooner rather than later, may I add?)
Beautiful - it's all those things for different people and many of those things all at once for many people. I think the best part is discovering all the things it can be.
gg-
true, dat.
I do hope to expand my own personal list.
Beautiful, thanks for that. Yes, let's live it!
I'm so fully happy to be owned.
Hi, Alexia.
Thank you and welcome.
Post a Comment