Sunday, October 20, 2019

Ready Or Not...


I have NO idea how it got to be October 20th already
Or how it’s been 2 weeks since I posted
Or why there are so very few hours in a day 
        (Which, when you multiply times seven, puts you woefully short of a week!)

What I DO know:
        one week is too short of a vacation
        you couldn’t pay me enough to work in the DMV every day
        fresh apple cider is nectar of the gods
                but cider donuts are over-rated
        weddings are expensive, even when they’re not yours
        it’s entirely possible to spend so much time considering faucet styles that your eyes cross
        my life needs more dogs in it
                and more Waldemar Januszczak
        bomb cyclones can cause a LOT of damage
        a 14” chainsaw blade doesn’t get you very far on a limb that’s 50” in circumference
        pine sap in the hair sucks

Now that you know everything I do (and don't,) I'm off.
I’ll be back one of these days, I promise!

9 comments:

messymimi said...

If you add up everything the "experts" tell us we are supposed to do every day to be healthy, wealthy and wise, it adds up to 40 hours a day. No wonder there's just not enough time.

Take care of yourself first, and yes, you are right, your eyes will cross after looking at wallpaper patterns and faucet styles and all that for hours on end. We get decision fatigue.

Holding you in my thoughts for rest and many good things to come your way.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jz - you've expressed your overwhelmedness with life better than I have ... so looking forward to seeing you back anon ... I'm glad you made me look up Waldemar Januszczak - I shall now pay more attention when I see something by him, or with him in ... thanks! Take care - cheers Hilary

ancilla_ksst said...

I let the whole month get away from me with only a couple posts- I know how- I just don't feel like I have much to say. Good to hear from you!

olivia said...

I'm so glad you've popped in - I'm happy to see you. That's a lot of things to know, and it sounds like it's been an interesting month. Now I have to go look up hte Waldemar person... Thanks.

yY

Mrs Fever said...

Pine sap is not a substitute for hair gel. Noted. ;)

{And what with the 'no time's business... It's 9 1/2 weeks til Christmas; I need to get started!)

Red said...

Thank you for speaking the truth about apple cider donuts! For me, they taste exactly like any other cinnamon-sugar donut. But since I'm not a huge donut eater anyway, I never felt it was my place to pooh-pooh them. I'd buy a pack for the office when I used to drive past the orchard store, and everyone was grateful.

Jz said...

mm-
Thank you, sunshine!
(I’m not unhappy with anything, just hoppin’)

H-
Life just gets unmanageable sometimes, doesn’t it? Even when it’s not bad, you can still be completely out of control.
I hope you enjoy your time spent paying more attention to Waldemar. I get quite a kick out of him, as well as learning lots.:-)

a_k,
Well, you’ve been focused on what SP calls, “gaining slimness” - that can occupy a person’s time!

o-
And I’m glad to be seen. ;-p
If you become a fan of “the Waldemar person”, let me know. We’ll form an American fan club.
;-p
Yy

Feve-
Pine sap = Dippety Don’t
(Will you kill me if I tell you I’m about a third done on my Xmas shopping? Still a long way to go, tho’. The hard ones always run me right up to the last minute.)

R-
Well, I am quite fond of a good donut… and I would not turn my nose up at a cider one… I just don’t find them to be particularly special. They’re, you know, a donut. *shrug*
Glad there’s someone else out there feeling that way! :-)

Bleue D'âme said...

Hades, yes, weddings, expensive.
Yes, more Januszczak.
Good seeing you.

Jz said...

B-
Good to be able to be seen.
Hopefully sightings can increase soon!