Sunday, October 14, 2018

Help Desks in Space


Look!
In the future, people have learned to reboot before they call!

5 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jz - I wouldn't mind tech support like that turning up without an appointment! Yes - what will life be like - cheers Hilary

messymimi said...

Heeheehee! Yep, zen computer repair. Turn it off, wait five minutes so it can get over it's hissy fit, turn it back on.

Jz said...

H-
It will be different, that's for sure! :-)

mm-
It's not even wishful thinking. A reboot resets things and honestly, truly will fix quite a number of quirky behaviors. The problem is getting people to remember to try that. Or to understand the difference between logging off and rebooting the machine...
Sorry, putting the soapbox away now... ;-D

Holding Daisies, Counting Stars said...

::sigh:: but when they tell me they did that and i find out 20 frustrated minutes later they say 'well, i mean, maybe i didn't actually turn it off and i just closed Chrome.' That's why I don't even ask if they reset, I just do it myself. And ignore the crying that they didn't want to close that thing. Well, you want your computer to work or do you want to just stare the word doc you haven't bothered saving for 3 hours and is now not responding to anything??
Sorry, I must have borrowed your soapbox. You can have it back now....

Jz said...

HDCS-
Hey, welcome back!
And don't worry, the soapbox is plenty big enough for two. :-D
(Cuz we haven't even touched on the people you tell, "restart your machine, that will fix it" and when you check in with them a day later, they say, "I didn't have time for that so I figured I'd just wait for you to show up." OK, well you're not in a hurry, so neither am I...)