Thursday, April 6, 2017

E is for Effort

(with apologies to those of you who got caught by my scheduling fubar of last night)

So, I thought I was going to manage it… I thought I had found a way to rise to the challenge of the “E” word that SP had sent me. It was a subject he knew would make me uncomfortable to deal with (like his “C” suggestion) but he wanted to see if I could pull up my socks and make the words flow anyhow.

And, you know, for a while there, I really thought I might pull it off.

I found an approach to the uncomfortable subject that I could handle,
I found the words to express my feelings.
I didn’t exactly write from the… body part that he feels houses my power… (“C”) but I didn’t retreat too far into the safety of academic distance, either.
I actually ended up with quite a bunch of very satisfactory little paragraphs, indeed.

Until I tried to sew them together into a cohesive essay…
      ….at which point, they imploded - each and every paragraph 
Just oozed all over each other until all points were completely obscured.

*sigh*

OK, Rome wasn’t built in a day.
So I went back to square one.

Again, the tone was good, the emotions were expressed, 
     and again, pages later, everything collapsed in on itself.
Again…
Again…

Eight.
Frickin’.
Times. 

Finally, I decided that God simply doesn’t want me thinking so much about erections just yet,
gave myself a pat on the back for the effort, and threw in the towel.

(my head hurts now…)

6 comments:

Random Musings said...

This is perfect in every way! Love it
Debbie

Wendy of the Rock said...

Hilarious.
Erections get far too much attention anyway.

Wendy of the Rock is OFF the Rock
E = Eyeball entrepreneur

julie said...

I love it.

A for effort from me!

xxx

Jz said...

D-
That is very kind, thank you.
Glad you Enjoyed it! ;-)

W-
Exactly! ;-D
Thanks, ma'am!

j-
oooh!
And a gold star?? ;-p
Thanks, cutes.

Arti said...

You made me chuckle and God knows why:)
G is for Guava tree

Jz said...

A-
Good!
That's part of my hidden agenda...
(uh-oh - did I just type that out loud?)