Monday, May 16, 2016

I asked

The good news is that the whole kerfluffle with the ex-beau gave me an opening.
I decided that if I was so bothered by the fact that no one had ever taken the time to talk to me about what they saw as a problem, then I probably shouldn’t make the same mistake myself.

So I pulled up my big girl panties and asked BG if either my lack of direction and/or the offshoot that I’d feared might be a problem actually were problems for him.

It wasn’t exactly a protracted discussion that ensued.
He wrinkled his nose a little, gave a dismissive shake of his head, and said, “No. That doesn’t bother me at all”… and then moved on to a more interesting topic of conversation.

But for once, a few short words felt entirely sufficient to me. ;-D

(Good thing I asked, tho', cuz look what I stumbled across the very next day…!)


(See? It wasn't just those four guys talking...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've found it's better to ask than to assume. I do forget that tidbit from time to time though. Glad you asked!

Jz said...

L-
It is, however, easier to assume than to ask, isn't it?
Which mitigates a bit of my annoyance, I have to admit.
But thank you. I'm glad I asked, too.

olivia said...

i LOVE that story. Ah, the things we do to ourselves... So glad you asked.

Jz said...

O-
yah, me too! :-)