So, I decided to kick the bellydancing up a notch and incorporate some yoga moves into my workouts. I am assured by Ms. Rachel Brice that this will greatly enhance my dance form. And I think it fair to say that if I end up being able to bend like this, she is correct...
(Altho' if that ever does happen, be on the lookout for flying pigs, 'k?)
Yesterday was Day One of this new initiative and I was ready, by gum!
I rolled out my mat, turned on the DVD player, assumed a half-lotus position, and promptly hit a snag.
Yoga Breathing.
Way, WAY too slow for me.
Apparently, I've also lost lung capacity along with my other Gumbyc traits - and trying to match my breathing to the glacial pace of hers had me gasping before we even started the poses.
(Does it count as an aerobic workout if your heart is racing solely from the fact that you're wheezing like a consumptive water buffalo? Because if so, this may be the most effective exercise I've done in years! Just think of the benefits when I add actual movement!)
And no, the answer is NOT to take up breath play, OK?!
Bad idea.
Just, really... bad idea.

6 comments:
Somehow I seem to be getting that breath play is a...bad idea? ;)
Ha. The first time I went to a Tai Chi class, I was like, WTH, this is soooooo slow... For the next four days, I was both in pain and felt every muscle. I now go religiously and it is starting to seem almost too fast.
Stick with the slow breathing, they are on to something there.
(And breath play? I come harder when I hold my breath, but I have been doing that for years - does that count?)
Laughing... i think it takes more than once to get it right. Strange concept, right?
Just don't ask me to apply that principal to myself. i am supposed to excel at all things immediately. lol
aisha
C-
*grins*
I love my intuitive readers!
For me, it is, yeah.
I know others love it, but for this girl? Big time freak-out.
K-
I just can't inhale for that long right now! So I end up holding my breath until it's time to exhale, at which point it just WHOOSHES out and then I suck air in, and then I have to exhale before I can inhale with the move and now I'm exhaling when I'm supposed to inhale so I inhale too quickly...
It's a MESS, I tell ya!
(and I have to say, I don't quite count self-imposed as the same thing, but that's because it doesn't involve the bits that cause my freak outs...)
a-
I mean this in the *nicest* possible manner, of course, but...
"Smarty-boots!"
;-p
Yy
"Just think of the benefits when I add actual movement!"
:D
-H
H-
I was hoping someone would catch that. *grins*
Thank you, chica!
Post a Comment