Friday, July 8, 2011

*sigh*

I have been given a writing assignment.
Remember me telling you that SP says I need to "write from the cunt"?
Well, apparently, not enough of my cunt is showing -- and he is quite determined to correct this. He wants me to push the pointy-headed intellectual aside and let the emotion pack the punch.

He's not wrong (*dammit*) nor is he picking on me (altho' it sure feels like it)  -- and what's really sweet about it is that he's pushing me for me. He wants to see my "talents soar". (His words, not mine!)

However, we're walking a fine line.
First, because I am dismayingly pointy-headed -- so that's going to be a tough push. But more importantly, my cunt (both literal and metaphorical) is private -- not intended for public consumption. Sure, sometimes I throw open the door but for the most part, total disclosure is only for special guests. (Is there such a thing as a finicky slut?)

So, yeah, I create a distance. I don't lie in how I present myself but I do muffle the impact with words. In part, because I don't want to put anyone off with unwanted familiarity. (It's a Golden Rule thing.)
But even more to the point (and this, I think, is what he's trying to address) is that I'm just plain scared. I'm not very good at emotions so I don't trust myself to represent them well -- I'm afraid I seem puerile.

Baby bird likes it in her safe little nest.
Professor bird is determined she'll fly - even if he has to push her.

And I know he's right. His points are all valid.
So, I will accept the assignment and all accompanying dictates. (No to certain word constructions, No to precision, Yes to emotion, Yes to humor, and [my personal favorite] Be Myself -- while staying strictly within all of his designated constraints.)

I will write.
But I am really pretty uncomfortable about it...

(wish me luck?)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!

turiya said...

Ugh... Good luck. They can certainly be bastards sometimes huh? Doesn't matter if they're right. They're still bastards.

*hugs*

turiya

Anonymous said...

Dear Finicky Slut,

I truly understand being a little reserved, and not putting it all out there. I am VERY private. Sure, sure I share an occasional sexy tale or two but I don't think that I write from the cunt either. It's a hard thing to be laid bare...wide open...showing it all.

I love what you do dare to bare. You're fun, funny, smart, snarky and slutty. What a winning combination.

-H

P.S. Please send muffins. :-)

Anonymous said...

...Oh Good Luck!

Tom Allen said...

If one can be an Ethical Slut,there's no reason one can't be a finicky slut.

Wonders how she's going to hold the pencil...

semi-appropriate captcha word: bratho

greengirl said...

maybe think of it as an intellectual exercise - this writing emotionally thing - and have a chat with the cunt - get her on board.

Silly Mistress : ) said...

"Is there such a thing as a finicky slut?"

+raises hand+

Yes, I'm a slut, but I only let the select few see that side of me. My wants are something I'd rather not have everyone know about. (Guys would get overly cocky and wanting, and that's just irritating after a while.)

But anyhoots, good luck : )

baby girl said...

All the best!

Jz said...

lm-
thanks, ma'am!

t-
I think he prefers the term "stern taskmaster"
tomayto, tomahto...
;-)

H-
you're very kind.
for an aspiring extortionist...
;-p
*teasing*
thank you, sweetie.

Tom-
you give the BEST book recommendations!
(and how did I know that if anyone ran with the pencil thing, it would be you?)

your friend, fussyho

gg-
this is but one of the many reasons I love you.
you know that went through my mind, don't you?
I laughed. Thank you.

SM-
yeah, it's not really a thing one wants to put on a t-shirt, is it?
thanks!

Baby Girl-
(was going to say "BG" but that just doesn't work for me...;-p)
Thank you.
and welcome!

turiya said...

LMAO... Stern taskmaster huh? That's a good one. I'll have to file it away for future reference. ;-)

*hugs*

turiya

Tom Allen said...

BTW, I recommend pretty much anything you can find by Janet Hardy (who sometimes writes under the nick Lady Green). She used to run a webstore called Greenery Press with a lot of books on alternative sexuality.

Jz said...

t-
:-)

Tom-
you SO rock...!
thanks.