It’s a fact that I’m a happier, more hopeful person today than I was at this time yesterday, before the election results became clear.
I am not overly-political in general. There are pros and cons to every platform and while I may know what I believe, it’s not my job to convert the world. What I think isn’t right for everybody and that’s ok - the point is to learn to get along despite disagreeing… which is where we’ve been falling down a lot lately. We seem to have lost the capacity to listen, understand, and compromise.
Pre-pandemic, a family member mused about 45 that she didn’t understand why people couldn’t distinguish between the man and his policies. Cautiously side-stepping any policy debate, my reply was, “Because he’s toxic.”
A leader whose personal dictionary defines “compromise” as “My way” is not best suited to these tumultuous days.
It’s not like he made the trains run on time, after all...
I had this ready, just in case.
I’m just glad I only need to use it to say I’m glad I don’t need to use it!

12 comments:
Hi Jz - yes life will be easier all round - all around the world will be breathing a sigh of relief - to be deeper/stronger on 20 January 2021 ... it'll make Brexit easier for us, I hope. Take care and let's hope the next ten weeks will be calm and peaceful - all the best - Hilary
Cheers to a happier,more hopeful you! <3
sigh of relief felt over in these parts,too.
I'm not very productive holding my breath it turns out. I know there is an awful lot of work ahead - but for one day it does feel good to breathe again.
Character counts. That's all i can say.
H-
Calm and peaceful… doesn’t that sound divine?
Your lips to God’s ears.
B-
Works for me, thank you! ;-)
gg-
Yeah, nothing’s really fixed but having hope back feels pretty huge right now.
mm-
That it does, ma’am.
Everyone here should keep in the front of their eyes and ears, that the GOP will continue to control the Senate, thus curtailing the stupider whims of the House, thus forcing the House and Harris/biden to play nice and share the sandbox.
Oh and, if anything, it will expose the double standard of MSM should Harris/biden start issuing a ton of executive orders to get things done/passed.
G.B.-
Well, in my dream political world, everyone plays nice anyhow.
~addendum~
Actually, the full dream isn't even limited to politics...
I feel 50% better about life with the election results. The other 50% will be resolved when Covid is controlled and, hopefully, conquered. Here's to the return of strength and dignity in the White House!
D-
You put that SO well, my friend!
Dear Jz, SO well said. I’m definitely feeling better too!! It doesn’t solve all our problems, but it makes solutions possible.
💜 olivia
o-
Hopefully, yes.
I'm getting really tired of people peeing in the pool just because they can...
Post a Comment