So, my dom has been keeping me up late lately.
Sounds exhilarating, doesn't it?
Sadly, it's not, At least not in the "Hey! kinky hi-jinx goin' on!" kinda way. It's more that he's upgrading his computer and keeps peppering me with late-night questions.
Now obviously, I don’t really mind. Kink-jinx or not, I do find it exhilarating to be able to help him and I also love the fact that our power exchange does not warp his common sense. He may be able to code-monkey circles around me but when it comes to making upgrades play nice, my expertise outstrips his - and he's willing to recognize that and utilize my knowledge. It’s a small thing, but it makes me happy.
Nonetheless, there are still Y chromosomes at play here, so it's not an entirely smooth process. In this case, however the hiccups are not triggered by any posturing but rather, by his secret longing to buy some expensive new tech toy to play with. Naturally, he won't come out and tell me that, however. Instead, he tries to lead me around to a point where I'll suggest that he should buy said new toy. (Altho' he always goes ahead and does just that anyhow, so I'm not sure what the point is... except maybe the fun of manipulation?)
This seemingly-unfocused procession made me nuts the first time or two but once I figured out what was going on, it became part of the dance. His hints get broader and broader and I act more and more obtuse. We each know what the other is doing, of course, but we both enjoy the verbal tango, so it all works out.
However, I think that next time, I may change my strategy.
I'll suggest the new toy right at the beginning... which will make him happy.
And then I'll claim all the credit.
Persistently.
For years to come.
After all, when doing the tech dance, you have to keep on your toes, right?
8 comments:
Yeah, either way you slice it, you come out on top here :-D
that sounds like a great plan ;D
Oooh, i love that plan!
That's brilliant. Yep. :)
You, my friend, are a sneakily smart tactician. ;)
And - nothing to do with your post content - I'm just wondering why this is tagged "February Fragments"?
B-
In a purely non-toppy kind of way, of course!
;-p
F-
All support appreciated, thank you!
mm-
Feel free to adapt it for your own personal use! ;-p
o-
Or a pain in the neck... but I'll take brilliant, thank you! ;-D
Mrs. F-
*scuffs toe*
Aw, shucks. Thanks!
And the post got mis-tagged because it was a last minute scramble to queue it up before I headed out for a long holiday weekend away and I clicked on the wrong "F" tag. I realized my mistake later, but was too busy with multiple family units to make the correction at the time. I'd said to myself, "Hopefully nobody will catch that before I can fix it on Sunday!"
But, no. ;-D
Tech stuff makes mouse wiggy.
Just popped by for bumps and stuff.
mouse
miz mouse!!!!
It's lovely to see you - I've missed you.
(And tech stuff may make you wiggy, but don't forget - you solved one of my tech problems once.)
:-D
*BUMP*
Post a Comment