Relieved to Be Done With:
An excessively busy July
Inordinately Proud Of:
Taming the new riding mower
Happy to Have Survived:
HellaHot, July 2019
(Days over 100ºF, night time low’s of 80ºF in a house with no a/c = plain ol’ stupid hot)
Glad To Be Done With:
$1,500 (and nearly as many novocaine shots) worth of dental work
Grateful For:
The ice cream place right across the street from the dentist
(“ahnuuhva choc’lit maaahwt, pweese”)
Making Magnificent Progress:
The on-going renovation
Reveling In:
Fresh tomatoes
Latest Taste Obsession:
Cold brew iced coffee made 1-1 with oat milk and a touch of maple syrup.
(seriously - you could have knocked me over with a feather when I liked this…)
Filing Under “I Don’t Understand Men”:
BG- “Shower right before I arrive - when we go out later, I want you to have JBF hair”
A Thing I Never Thought I’d Do:
Safewording out of multiple orgasms
9 comments:
My advice, get a room unit A/C, the kind you can move from room to room with you.
Glad the dental work is done, and good luck on the rest of the renovations.
Also, i have an apology post ready for tomorrow, as i did a boo-boo. Those gondola races aren’t until next month, so if you have vacation time coming up, you might look into it. Check my dates with another website, though, because while i strive to be very accurate, things can change.
I don't know how you got all that done in July, because it seemed to me like it was only, like, 6 days long.
I agree with Mimi - get a window unit a/c.
About that last thing...
I have to work so hard to even get to ONE orgasm these days that the idea of more than one just sounds like a dreadful prospect. (And I certainly never thought I'd be saying THAT!)
Hooray for a fab July! I hope August is a bit more relaxing. :)
mm-
No worries. Since it's just fantasy-fodder, precision on the dates causes nary a ruffle. :-)
D-
I found it to be both very short and pleasantly long, myself, so I get what you mean.
Mrs. F-
I hear ya. Orgasms have never been reliable for me (as noted here) so I've gotten used to just sort of going with whatever the heck happens. But I'm here to tell you that, "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" is a real thing!
I used to have a window one in my bedroom and could NOT have lived without it -they're not stupidly expensive these days - not like years ago - I had one of those "portable" ones and frankly find them NOT very efficient. My 5000 BTU window AC was far more efficient and cooled WAY more than my 10,000 BTU floor model - returned the latter and went back to the old way. The only positive thing about them was your window wasn't blocked all summer. But you still need to vent them! I have AC in this new (to me) house - but was just saying to D. that it does a lousy job on the second floor. Main floor fine, basement freezing, not noticable on second floor - and yes, had it checked - also a large unit so that shouldn't be the issue!
just wanted to add "what's an orgasm???"
s-
It's not the expense of an a/c, it's the expense of rewiring my house (old and I don't fully trust it with a heavy load) and, quite honestly, the ardent wishes of my back to not be lifting heavy things in and out of windows every year. (And then maneuvering them around corners and down steps until I get to the place where things can be stored in off-season.) It's just not worth the aggro for the 7-10 nights each year when my fans can't quite handle the heat.
(And to pretend I'm taking your question seriously - it's this thing that's kinda like ice cream. Nice when you can get it, but nothing you can't live without, either. ;-p)
I love this! I think I'll copy on my blog.
August isn't over, but I'm pretty done with it.
R-
I'm glad you liked, I'm glad you copied. :-D
Having just visited, I can see why you're about done with the month - Congratulations on surviving it!
Post a Comment