Recently, a couple of friends popped back in my life after an extended period of silence. I go way back with each of them - one is a woman I worked with 27 years ago, the other a guy I knew from my first job after college - so add 10 more years for him. They are both very dear to me but in each case, our paths had diverged and we’d lost touch.
Now they were back, however, and it was time to play catch up. Meaning, of course, that I had to mention my breakup with BG. (I promise I did talk about other things as well, but l'amour is one of those obligatory topics among friends, no?)
Their responses proved that good friends can always pick right up where they left off.
(And that the best friends will have you rolling on the floor in no time flat. :-D)
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
The Female Friend:
“Now, how long had you been seeing him?”
“Eight years”
~pause ~
“That’s a long time…
Well, you can’t say you’re not good at long-term relationships!”
“Yeah, particularly long-term relationships that ultimately go nowhere.”
She paused again for a moment, then grinned.
“Is there a crown for that?!? You need a crown…!!!"
So I retrieved (and donned) the rhinestone tiara that I keep on hand in my kitchen (what? doesn’t everyone?!?) and we giggled the blues away.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
The Male Friend:
“re: your lovelife and its continuing disappointments. So…, what’s the problem?”
I laughed so hard I nearly snorted coffee out my nose.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
The Support of Old Friends.
What would life be without it? :-p
6 comments:
You've come a long way...healing is in full swing. How do I know? 'Cause you can laugh at the situation.
*shoulder bump*
-H
H-
Thanks, cutes. :-)
Yeah, it's getting better.
I just wish it would get fully gone!
Hi Jz - it's just so good to be friends with others and know we can say things with laughter showing too ... these are fun - I need a tiara! The rest ... I'll leave and won't discuss! Cheers Hilary
H-
It's true... life IS better with a tiara...!
;-p
(and friends - ya gotta have friends)
<_< >_> I thought everyone has a tiara (slides sparkly rhinestone tiara under the pillow)
lm-
Well, if you have one and I have one, I can only believe that we are just the visible tip of the iceberg...
:-D
Post a Comment