well…, X
It’s a miserable, stinkin’ letter when you’re trying to look for words you can write interestingly about…
I’ve already done my best with X-ray, and I pretty much think I shot my wad right there.
But as a letter, X is kind of cool - not to mention highly versatile.
It’s sacred (the abbreviation for Χριστός, or Christ, in Greek); it’s profane (X-rated); it can mean quality (XX); it’s the unknown (X factor); it’s kisses (xoxo); it’s ten (if you know your Roman numerals); it denotes dimensions (2 x 4); instructs you to multiply; and marks the spot for buried treasure.
That is a LOT to have going on for a single letter!
But still, it produces a fairly pathetic supply of words when extended by other letters.
I don’t like X-Day.

6 comments:
Yep, the letter IS pretty cool. i hadn't thought of it that way before.
i'm not usually one to offer unsolicited advice, but if you want suggestions for next year, i'm offering Xanax and Xeroxing. Not that anybody talks about Xeroxing stuff anymore, but i remember when...
Wow! I am impressed. X is the one letter that is hard with
"I don't like x day"....all evidence to the contrary. ..*wink*
Nilla
o-
Actually, "xeroxing your butt" was a contender for a while...
So, yeah. ;-D
B-
Thank you, it is a tough one.
N-
You know darned well I wrote this long before the conflicting evidence happened! ;-p
I agree "X" was a difficult one! Kudos on your post.
D-
Thank you. :-)
And thanks for stopping by.
We're nearly done!
Post a Comment