Thursday, April 7, 2016

F is for...

floozy
   noun Slang.
1. a gaudily dressed, usually immoral woman, especially a prostitute.

It’s a great word, isn’t it?
It was also my Dad’s biggest fear — ending up father to a floozy.

The thought of my potential descent into floozihood was bad enough, of course, but I suspect Dad's concern was made even worse by the fact that my mother had been most decidedly “The Anti-Floozy” — and if I turned out badly, it would be All His Fault.  (He probably had nightmares of being greeted in heaven by a swat upside his head and the accusation, “What did you let happen to our little girl?!?”)

The state of high alert that this worry kept him occupying was frequently one of our biggest bones of contention. Yet, somehow, I also found it perversely charming that my dad considered me to have floozy potential… I couldn’t even get someone to ask me out bowling, much less entertain any wild ideas about making it to first base! Yet there was poor Dad, worrying about All These Men who were going to ruin my reputation…

A father's nightmare... a daughter's wildest dream!

The Dreaming Floozy (en chapeau)

6 comments:

Bleue D'âme said...

Awww! That is sweetly charming.

debra said...

Love this and will be visiting your blog often. There aren't enough people willing to walk on the wild side. Perhaps you will embolden me too. #AtoZchallenge

olivia said...

"Floozy" is a great word. And I love that picture!!

Jz said...

B-
Yeah - wasn't so much so at the time but it makes me smile now. :-)

d-
Welcome!
I'm always glad to find new readers... altho' it seems only fair to warn you that my alter-ego is known as Weenie Girl... :-D

o-
She's great, isn't she? :-)

Unknown said...

Love it! hahahahahahaha

Jz said...

DD-
Welcome!
Glad you like it!