I had kind of a hard time figuring out what to title this post.
I'd thought about "In Which I Crash a Party", but nilla and sofia had actually invited me to join them, even if I did feel a bit like I was barging in on part of their "Wild & Wonderful Subs" Weekend.
Meet 'n' Squeal was another possibility… but there was no squealing, praise the lord.
There was, however, grinning.
Lots of it. All 'round.
And thus is a title born…
It was really a lovely, lovely time meeting the two of them. (Altho' I suspect there may have been a moment there when they wondered what they were getting into, exactly?, when I suggested we meet for dinner at the mall… But we had an excellent meal in a relaxing atmosphere, overlooking a superb view, so I think the question mark has been removed from next to my name… *crosses fingers*)
I certainly know that any reservations I may have had melted away almost immediately. There was absolutely no awkwardness or discomfort or even gawky shyness on my part (always a potential danger when meeting new folk.) Instead, conversation flowed smoothly the whole time, with much laughter and liveliness, right up to the point where they kicked us out of the restaurant 3 1/2 hours later...
Sofia is calm and lovely, with a voice pitched low to soothe. She was quick with thoughtful comments and gracious enough not to roll her eyes while nilla and I gabbled on about our gardens. She also excels at maintaining a perfectly neutral demeanor while oh-so-innocently taking you out completely with a description of how you get the cream filling inside a cupcake.
Nilla is a bustling bundle of charm, with a big smile and ready quip at all times. She will giggle until there are tears in her eyes one minute and then amaze you with some fresh insight into the submissive mindset the next. She'll even show you this tentacle picture that she appears to carry with her at all times… ;-p
I had an absolutely wonderful evening, even if I did feel like the tall weed in a flower garden. ;-)
We mostly talked about our lives and relationships but we didn't forget Blogland.
In fact, we even took a picture for you, our readers…
Behold the Wild & Wonderful Subs - Plus One.
:-D
(I wanna do this again some time!)

8 comments:
:)
you know you slayed me with the "how to fill a cupcake with cream" description, which will certainly wind up a key point in some future story...and I am so glad you stopped feeling like you crashed the party--because our conversation was intertwining and captivating and happy. I'm SO glad you came, so glad we got together!
whoops. pardon my gushing. (it was the cupcake)
*laughing*
nilla
Lovely post and a lovely photo.
I know which one is Jz :-)
-H
P.S. We can never meet because I most definitely squeal and I hug.
n-
I'll just have to feed you more cupcakes, then. ;-p
SS-
thank you.
(they are wild & wonderful, aren't they?)
H-
I'll wear earplugs and a resigned attitude, how's that?
@Hedone - i hear you - it took all my restraint to hold myself to a shoulder bump instead of a hug. But it was worth it.
Jz - i LOVED meeting you. In fact, i tried to comment on this yesterday to tell you how much i enjoyed our meeting - and enjoyed the kind words you had to say about me here!!
Unfortunately, your blog advised me that i wasn't sofia and ate my comment. Boo - and i've been eaten alive by my schedule since then.
But i did love it, and i'd love to do it again.
yY
sofia
P.S. It just ate my comment again - it says i don't own that identity! Fortunately, this time, i copied my comment before i tried to post it. Here we go again...
s-
I giggled at your comment to Hedone because when we said goodbye, I could practically see you quivering as you held yourself back ... ;-p
I appreciated your restraint, however. And took nilla's "next time, all bets are off!" warning to heart.
I'll practice, I promise... ;-D
@Jz - these days you can get earplugs to match you outfit :p
@Sofia - reading this has given me ideas. I think I'll employ the "hug & run" :D
-H
H-
oh, no. I want you to KNOW I'm wearing them!
;-p
Maybe we can work out a deal - I'll stand still for the hug if you promise not to squeal?!?
Post a Comment