Monday, April 18, 2011

In Case You Were Wondering...

Here's some of what I did on my little vacation from BlogLand:

  I applied (and was rejected) for the job of my dreams.
(This was the start of the decline...)

  I discovered that they make a Boston Creme Pie ice cream.
       OMFG!
(No, no correlation between those two points, why do you ask?)

  I priced out a little mini-vacation.

  I achieved a state of hysteria over the condition of my finances.

  I ate anything that wasn't nailed down.
(except the Boston Cream Pie ice cream, which was long gone.)

  I made a new budget.

  I took up yoga.
(perhaps you've heard the anguished screams of my hamstrings?)

  I went to a conference and fell in love with my career all over again.

  I plodded through the most relentlessly earnest book it has ever been my misfortune to read. (Book club obligation)

  I raked a ton of gravel out of my lawn and retrieved all the bits of sod scattered by the plows throughout the course of the winter.

  I iced my back.

  I culled 60 gallons worth of weeds, clippings and leaves from the two smallest of my four gardens.

  I iced my back some more.

  I braved the dark, scary, DUSTY corners of my shoe closet.
And, emboldened, went on to clean beneath my bed.

and, oh yeah, I also did this:
Except there was also a vibe laid atop my clit, a flogger whaling away at all exposed bits, and a deep voice warning, "Don't let that vibrator fall!"

I did contemplate ice afterward - but couldn't bring myself to do it...

7 comments:

Pygar said...

:)

What fun ...

... well the penultimate paragraph but I'm sure you enjoyed cleaning out the shoe closet and underneath your bed as well!

P xxxx

greengirl said...

hmm - I'm impressed - 60gallons you say ;)

to where would you have applied the ice - and why didn't you... oh - now i see... nevermind

Anonymous said...

Oh my.

You did that after icing your back?

strivingforpeace said...

well of course you couldn't write -- your hands were tied!

sounds like you had a full haitus

sfp

Anonymous said...

So the yoga is really increasing your flexibility! So impressive! :)

Jz said...

P-
it was fun, yes.
(I'll leave it to you to suss out which portion of your comment that applies to! ;-p)

gg-
I see you've been working on your disingenuousness...
(you know I threw in the icing Just For You!)

lm-
No, actually, I have to admit I did it before icing.
(Did I just lose points?)

sfp-
*grin*
good one!

M-
Well, I wish I could say I am reaping the benefits of hard work but actually, the flexibility is just a genetic gift. (My chiropractor says that treating me is like working on Gumby.)

turiya said...

Hehehehehehe....